Thursday, April 15, 2010

My personal goal... having a mid-day refreshment.

So... I've set some personal goals for myself related to being and staying refreshed the best I can. One of the best ways, I've found to do so is by taking some time in the middle of my work day to do some personal reading for spiritual enlightenment and refreshment. This is how I figure... since I work for a non-profit that distributes the Bible and Christian literature for free, the best thing I could do was read all of the stuff that we offer...imagine that.

Current reading list from two of my favorite Christian authors, Witness Lee & Watchman Nee (Yes, that is really their names, and yes these are pretty legit.) Oh and a clarification... By current reading list I mean books that I am currently in the middle of. How often I touch them and how long I have been in them vary quite a bit. But let's face it, some books, like the Bible are always going to be on my current reading list:
-How to Enjoy God and How to Practice the Enjoyment of God - Witness Lee
-Life-Study of Exodus - Witness Lee
-Life Study of Isaiah - Witness Lee
-Basic Elements of the Christian Life, Vol. 1 - Witness Lee & Watchman Nee
-oh and the Bible of course. - God, with the help of some divinely inspired men, God-breathed, Inspired by the Holy Spirit

A couple other books I've been wanting to sink my teeth into:
-Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies - Charlene Li & Josh Bernoff
-Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
-The Song of Songs - Watchman Nee
-The Prayer Ministry of the Church - Watchman Nee

I know this sounds like a completely random mix of things, but well I think we are all kind of mixed up sometimes. But coming back to the refreshing part of it, well a refreshment is by principle just a little bit here and there.
Dictionary.com
re·fresh·ment (rĭ-frěsh'mənt) n.

The act of refreshing or the state of being refreshed.
Something, such as food or drink, that refreshes.
refreshments A snack or light meal and drinks.

and Google search - define refreshment turns back:
- snacks and drinks served as a light meal
- activity that refreshes and recreates; activity that renews your health and spirits by enjoyment and relaxation; "time for rest and refreshment by the pool"; "days of joyous recreation with his friends"
- The action of refreshing; a means of restoring strength, energy or vigour; A light snack or fresh drink without alcohol

Regardless...I do feel a bit more refreshed. Don't you? Alcohol free, but spirits high. :)

P.S. If anyone out there is actually reading any of this, please let me know if you would like a copy of any of the titles above and I'll try my best to get one to you.

No comments: